Monday, October 13, 2008

My teeth deep scaling

***recently I was diagnosed that I have periodontal problems. My gums were always swelling, so I visited my dentist. They did the regular cleaning but didnt touched the swollen gums. They advised me to take antibiotics for 1 week to lessen the swelling and return after a week for another cleaning. I think the antibiotics did a great job, since my gums became normal again. I returned, and they run another regular cleaning. After that, my dentist decided that I should come back for deeper cleaning (scaling) and will perform a close surgery. There are still deposit under the gumline. Since its a deeper pocket cleaning she will inject an anesthestia. (whew!)
So asked her:

Sandi: Does it hurt?
Dentist: No, there's no pain since I'l inject an anesthestia.
S: Does it hurt after the effectivity of the anesthesia?
D: Yes, but very little.And if the pain is unbearable drink a mefenamic acid.
S: Can I go to work after the deep scaling?
D: Yes.
S: Can I eat after the surgery?
D: Yes, you could have an ice cream if you want.
S: Would there be bleeding?
D: Yes, but not too much
S: Will it fix our dental issue?
D: Yes. If not, were going to do it again.
S: Ok, then lets do it.


So she scheduled me for another week. I came back and she did the close surgery. At first I feel the needle for the anesthesia then after that there's no pain. Amazing! She did the last 4 upper left teeth. And viola! Were done. She even x-rayed my teeth to check if there still remaining deposits. And there's none, Im cleaned. After 2 hours, I felt some pain, though I can still handle it. So I ate an ice cream.


No comments: